Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Spreading the Thunder

Those of you who have been with me since the beginning (on myspace, when I actually blogged more than a few times a semester) know that I do not endorse a product, service, or anything else that I do not love dearly myself.  That's why today I am writing to tell you about a life-changing little slice of the internet that has, well, changed my life.  I don't want you to think that I have reduced myself to being a spokesperson for some random website out there.  Instead, make no mistake, I am trying today to introduce two of my good friends, you, dear reader, and my best friend that I have never met, Mr. Gary Vaynerchuck.

Almost two years ago, Gary V, the Director of Operations at Wine Library, a major force to be reckoned with in New Jersey and internet wine sales, started a video blog educating people on the fundamentals of wine, and reviewing wine daily.  This podcast has grown into one of the most popular wine authorities on the internet, and in its snowballing journey towards awesomeness, has rolled me up and turned me into a Vayniac.  I first heard about WLTV on my old favorite podcast, Diggnation.  Kevin and Alex had Gary on a few times, and I decided that as I neared age 21, I would start tuning in.  True to my word to myself, I began watching the show about a month before my 21st birthday, so I would not be laughed out of homes, restaurants, and wine stores nationwide when it came time to learn about wine.  Gary held up his end of the bargain in a big way.  Before even trying wine, I was totally pumped about all of the different options and flavors out there. Once I got into wine, I was even more fired up about his show, and I eagerly anticipate it each day.

Gary's show it totally unique in the wine world.  If you are a fan of beer, mixed drinks, or even "the hard stuff" and have never really given wine a shot for one reason or another, Winelibrary TV is the place for you.  Gary shows that wine doesn't have to be stuffy, esoteric, or even expensive.  He stresses that the important thing with wine tasting is that you do what tastes best to you.  Plus, if you think wine is boring, Gary's daily 20 minutes will cure you of that within the first opening lines.  The crazy thing to think about is that the lovable lunatic yelling and ranting the whole show is a real bona-fide wine expert whose love for wine is surpassed only by his love for his family and his New York Jets.

I've only been watching the show for a month and a half, but I have learned so much about wine that my own parents call me about once a week for wine advice.  I really want to encourage everyone who reads this post to check out at least a couple episodes of Winelibrary TV.  Whatever you're expecting it to be, I'm willing to be you're still blown away.

www.tv.winelibrary.com

There it is.  Enjoy the thunder.

Scott

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Way to spread the Thunder!
Kathleen Lisson

Anonymous said...

Hi, guantanamera121212

Anonymous said...

не факт