Monday, August 27, 2007

Two Cents

Friends, I sincerely apologize for the delay since the last post. I've been busier than a mega-church nursery worker who's going solo for the week because all the other volunteers got tickets to the football game. But I'm sure you've been busy too, which I guess makes things a little better. Expect more from me as I start to get into a routine now that I'm all moved in at school. Anyway, this week's meld is designed to tear at your heartstrings, if even only a little. It's about the downward spiral of humanity, and how what you mean when you say, "everything that's right in this world" is shrinking severely. Let's meld.

I write this post usually to keep those who give a rat's behind in "the know" of interesting and unusual experiences in my life. Well, yesterday I had a doozy. Had an elephant flown by me yesterday, I probably wouldn't have been so, well, amazed. I got up, as I do every Sunday morning, at the crack of dawn to go lead worship for the middle school ministry at my church. The plan was for my girlfriend, Cristina to come to my church with me and leave from there to drive up to her house to take care of some "things". Let's put it this way, if there was a customs checkpoint between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, and the clerk asked if we were traveling for business or pleasure, the answer definitely would not have been pleasure. Although there was one pleasureful part of the day, Cristina's mom's Alfredo sauce, which I would rank among the best foods on the face of the earth. I could probably eat it as a soup. And Big Brother 8, which they all have some obsession with. I could see getting into it, but only for the comedic value. Where do they find these people? But I digress. I had a whole new band, so practice was trying, to say the least. When we got up to do first service, my guitar wasn't sounding off like it had a pair. In fact, it wasn't sounding off at all. so we played the first two songs, with me singing whilst communicating with people in the back to get me my other guitar, which the Foghorn-Leghornesque ("Luckily, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an occasion") problem-prevention side of me had demanded I bring. I got it switched out fairly seamlessly, but the band sort of fell apart, which was a bit of a drag. Anyway, we got our act together, but my other guitar didn't work either. After a prayer and a Zaheer Mohammed trip to the stage to get to the bottom of things, my guitar started working in time for the last two songs, which demanded acoustic. It was a rough service indeed.

We came back in second hour and blew the roof off the place though, so that was good, and by that time Cristina had arrived. I walked out of service to grab a drink when I got done, and she had been on her way to the main service when she realized that she had left without her cell phone. Well, the sermon was going on, so we couldn't check until after the service. I had Todd make an announcement at the end of service, we scoured the room, and had called it about 30 times, but to no avail. In fact, we called it until whoever took it turned it off (didn't want the ol' conscience bothering them). So it appears that Cristina's phone was stolen. At church. During Middle School worship. I doubt crimes get much more heinous. Can you imagine stealing a phone from someone at church, ignoring all kinds off attempts by the person you robbed to get her phone back, and actually keeping or selling it? It's pretty low. And suffice it to say, the rest of the day wasn't too much more upbeat (aside from the aforementioned alfredo & Big Brother combo. I don't know about you, but I take my Italian with a side of reality.) So, if you see any red razr's pop up on Ebay, you'll know where it came from.

Well that about does it for me. I've got to get back to my phony-baloney job. I apologize if you were looking for a laugh and I failed to deliver. Deal with it. We'll be melding together soon. Until then..

No comments: